Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

May 26, 2009

Keeping Mommy In Line

Nakiah has started laying out our time line for bath time
Once I've filled up the tub we run to her room to grab a towel and a wash rag as she tells me "wun, wun, wun". She grabs the towel she needs for that evening's bath and I get to pick the rag.
We run back to the bathroom and get undressed as she explains each step to me...."arms" (shirt comes off) "step" (as she steps out of her pants) "toes" (socks come off) "diaper" (you get the idea). She stands at the edge of the tub and counts for me to put her in, she of course, jumps on three. When she gets in, it never fails, she tells me that the water is "hot" at which point she proceeds to blow on the water to cool it off. When the temperature is sufficient, she sits down and asks for her toys.
We play with the toys until she is ready for bubbles, at which time I've been given the green light to wash her hair. As I wet her hair, she reminds me that she needs a "wag" to wipe the water out of her eyes. Once the eyes have been wiped dry, I am granted permission to continue with the bubble making process. We lather her up really thick so she can have at least two or three helpings of bubbles to play with.
When the time comes to rinse out her hair, I lay her down in the cradle of my arm to rinse the shampoo out and she tells me what song she'd like me to sing. Most recently my options have been "row, row" or "A, B". After singing a couple rounds of 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' or the 'ABCs' its time to sit back up, and finish scrubbing the grime away.
When mommy has finished washing Nakiah, she picks up her toys, says "bye-y-eye" and begins to put her toys away. When the toys are tucked away for the night, she stands up and says "kick" (mommy makes her kicks the drips off when I pull her out of the tub) and turns around for me to grab her up. Once she's out of the tub, she says bye to the water turns around and tells me "bee-do". I wrap my baby up like a little burrito and we head to the bedroom to get our jammies on. She then reminds me, as I'm lathering her up with lotion, not to forget each leg, her belly and both of her arms. :-)

0 comments: