Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

April 10, 2009

Great Find!

First let me start by saying that I don't make a habit of rejoicing over cleaning products!! That being said, OMG, I love my new bathroom cleaner!!! My very good friend told me about this company that makes all natural products; everything from cosmetics and bath & body supplies, to food, nutrition, vitamins and everything in between. I was a bit intrigued, to say the least...sceptical, but intrigued.
I have extremely sensitive skin and have dealt with eczema for as long as I can remember. I can't use most products on my skin without having a reaction, especially cleaning products. I can't even use most soaps and lotions and rely heavily on a prescribed topical steroid cream to keep the eczema under control. In the last few months its become apparent that Nakiah is going to have the same issues. I've been very hesitant to use any steroids on her and continue to use as many "infant" products I can find. We still wash her clothes in nothing but Dreft and always double rinse.
When I heard about these all natural products (they have a children's line too) I thought it would be a great way to get rid of all the unneccessary chemicals in our house that may be contributing to my poor baby's skin issues, plus who knows what all these chemicals are doing to us any way. The biggest question for me was, will they work.
Yes they work! Since we remodeled the bathroom about 3 1/2 years ago, we've had a patch of stuff on our shower wall where the warranty/paperwork was glued. I had tried EVERYTHING to get this off! Everything from 409 to Goop to Green Works Bathroom Spray. NOTHING WORKED and I had pretty much given up!
I mixed up a bottle of my new cleaning spray. (all of the products come in small concentrated bottles, so you don't pay for the extra water, and you mix the solution yourself. If you have an extra tough spot, you can even use the products full strength) I mixed the solution to regular strength and sprayed a few sprays over the patch of dried glue, knowing it wasn't going to work. I scrubbed the wall with the back side of an everyday kitchen sponge. I didn't put extra effort into it because if it was going to work, I wanted it to work on its own.
The glue came off!
I was so surprised that I took off my rubber gloves and cleaned with my bare hands, something I NEVER do because of my skin!!! My hands didn't hurt and better yet, later that night and the next day....no reaction on my hands! That has never happened with ANY cleaning product! Dawn dish soap hurts my hands. So thats my sermon. If you've read this far, I'll admit, I'm surprised. If you are interested in removing chemicals from your home, I'm happy to fill you in on my new secret! And as a side note, because the company only sells concentrated formulas, the products you buy from them cost less than items you could even buy at WalMart!

The bottle of concentrate on the right will make 4 spray bottles of the Tub & Tile cleaner. The bottle of concentrate cost me $5.50.

0 comments: