Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

February 18, 2009

Quiet Time

Nakiah is has always needed her quiet time.....
During this time she is completely zoned out (usually to her Sprout cartoons) to the point that I can get in her face and loudly say her name and the only response I get from her is a head tilt for the purpose of looking around me. We came home from the park on Saturday morning, I gave her a juice and a graham cracker. She didn't even stick around for me to take her coat and shoes off. She took her pony out of her hair and headed straight for the TV. She laid down on her fluffy dog and vegged out for a couple of shows before she told me she was ready for her nap.
Sometimes its the dog, sometimes she rolls around on the floor, sometimes its her chair and a bottle. I've learned that this time is her time and its pointless to even try talking to her. We have a mutual understanding - she has quiet time and I get a chance to pay bills, empty the dishwasher, do a load of laundry....all the fun things on the never ending mom list!

0 comments: