Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 22, 2009

Old Man 28

On December 7 Michael turned 28. My little brother who used to wonder why our dog didn't talk like Scooby Doo did and who once thought he would one day be older than me, turned 28. The sweet little boy that needed his sister to wait for him to finish his lunch at school so that I could walk him out to recess is now 28 years old.
He doesn't need me to wait for him to finish a meal any more, most of the time he doesn't even like to hang out with me. I'm now the one trying to convince him that he is in fact actually older than my 26 years and I'm pretty sure he's come to the conclusion that Scooby Doo isn't actually a real dog....but he can still be pretty sweet sometimes!
To celebrate the fact that Michael can now decipher between cartoons and reality, and his birthday, we had a nice family dinner at the Trumpeter in Mount Vernon.
Nakiah finally realized that a night out with adults isn't as much fun as being at home with all her toys and the freedom to use her outside voice while indoors.
Keith, Michael & Dani Nakiah & Auda
Boog's "mean" - (photograph compliments of Nakiah)
Boog allowing Kicen to play on top of the table
Does it look like Kicen is eyeballing the beer bottle?
Auda & Keith
Auma & Kicen
Dani with bunny years - (photo compliments of Nakiah)
I must say, the kids did excellent in the restaurant and the food was great. We had a fun family dinner and enjoyed spending time with Boog for his birthday.....they even waiting for me to finish my dinner so they could walk me to my car, but they didn't invite me to hang out and celebrate... :-(
Happy Birthday Boog!!! We love you TONS!

0 comments: