Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 22, 2009

Christmas Lights

A couple of weeks ago after a couple of early baths, Corey and I bundled the kids up, loaded them in the car and headed out to see some Christmas lights. I've been waiting for Nakiah to get old enough to enjoy them and this year was perfect! After she saw a couple of houses, it didn't take much to get her excited. She kept gasping every time she saw anything twinkle. I'd ask her if she liked the lights and she'd tell me "my favorite"
We slowed down as often as possible to let her get a good look and as soon as we started driving off she'd ask for "more, please" Brother was a good sport. He had a melt down at one point and I'm sure would have preferred being at home, but after a nice warm bottle he fell fast asleep....which worked out because Sister was really enjoying the lights.
We took them to Burlington to watch the Skagit Christmas display that is programmed to music. Nakiah really got into it. I don't think she realized the lights were flashing to the music, but two of her favorite things really made for fun times!
Now I'm really looking forward to Brother getting big enough to appreciate the lights too.

0 comments: