Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 12, 2009

We're still here...

A bit exhausted and trying to get into the routine of taking care of a newborn, but we're here. Kicen is proving to be a fantastic baby! As long as there is food in his belly and nothing in his diaper, he is content. He loves to look around and take everything in and even puts up with sister smothering him. He is beginning to have longer periods of awake time and is starting to show that his nights and days are as backwards as Nakiah's were....which makes for some long nights. I swear my baby is already smiling at us. He's only done it a couple of times, but it is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I really love watching my babies grow and change every day!
Corey has gone back to work and this week has been an adjustment for both Nakiah and me. Nobody tells you how guilty you are going to feel when the second baby comes along. I feel bad that Kicen doesn't get the attention that Nakiah got, and has continued to receive, over the last 22 months and I feel guilty for not being able to continue that attention for Nakiah. Yesterday there was a point at which she and I were both in tears. I was feeding Kicen and she needed me. When I told her I would help her as soon as Kicen ate just a little bit, she started crying and saying "please mommy". It broke my heart and the tears started rolling. We definitely have some kinks to work out, but all in all things are going great. I thank God every day for my amazing mother!! Sometimes I don't think things would be possible without her!
I promise to update more soon. Until then, enjoy these photos...

2 comments:

Amber, Jonny, and Miss Haylie said...

Rashel, you are such a wonderful mother! Knowing that you want to give both your children undivided attention is proof. The pictures are beautiful and I can see Kicen getting bigger already!

leah friedrichs said...

kicen has changed so much since i seen him last. i swear that he and kacey could be brothers! the pics are so sweet. i love the one with his hand up by his face. i miss you guys. let us know when you want some visitors...it would help with nakiah. i would love to have her come and play for the day...she would be fine and have lots of fun. just let us know. we love you guys
:) leah, james and anna