Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 15, 2009

"Hold It"

Nakiah is such a great big sister! She always wants to be involved in whatever is going on with Kicen. She LOVES to hold him and always asks to "hold it". She loves to "pet it" or stroke his face, hair, hands, feet, etc and help with his feedings. She is very interested in everything he does and even gets upset when he cries. She has to watch almost every diaper change, even though it makes her gag (which by the way totally cracks me up!!!) and makes me blow on his bottom every time I take his diaper off. She just recently started getting interested in his face and I have to constantly remind her to keep her fingers out of his eyes and mouth. She thinks its funny when she kisses him and he "kisses her back", usually because he's hungry and he's rooting around....but to her its brother kissing her. We're currently trying to work on who is brother and who is sister. Right now they are both either sister or brother. She'll get in his face and say "hi sissy" when I try to explain to her that Kicen is brother, she'll point to him, say brother then point to herself and say brother. I'm confident she'll figure it out sooner or later. :)
Nakiah does have moments of frustration when all she wants is attention and she wants us to put "Kicen in bed". She gets a bit upset and will usually do something a bit naughty to get us to pay more attention to her. It breaks my heart to see her struggle with the adjustment and I wish that there were two of me. I just hope that as Kicen grows the two of them will grow closer and establish a bond that will last them a lifetime.
Have I mentioned how in love with my children I am!!!!

0 comments: