Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 18, 2009

And so it begins......

I'm sitting at work right now totally feeling guilty about being away from my baby, both of my babies. I had been debating for a while if I wanted to start back up so soon or not. Finally I decided that if I came back now, on a very part time basis, I could extend my leave and not be back full time until January and hopefully ease the transition back to working mom for both myself and the kids. So, here I am trying to catch up on some items when Corey calls. He says "Just wanted to update you on our son's progress." My first thought was that Kicen smiled at him or Nakiah or that he started cooing, or something similar that babies do. Oh no, my son, waiting of course for me to be at work, decides 4 weeks is a good time to start ROLLING OVER!!!! Corey said that Kicen was laying on his belly and after some time of pushing himself, rolled over his left side onto his back! WHAT?!! Oh, I just checked my phone and I have a text from Corey.... "He did it again" Just as I was getting off the phone with Corey. So now, adding insult to injury, I feel guilty for not being able to give Nakiah the attention she is used to getting, I feel guilty for not being able to give Kicen the attention that Nakiah received AND I now am feeling the guilt of missing these HUGE milestones in my baby's life! I think its time to seriously consider the Stay At Home Mom option!

3 comments:

Amber, Jonny, and Miss Haylie said...

Oh my gosh! Rolling over already!! What a big boy!
I'm sure that no matter what you decided to do about work, your children will feel very loved!

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

Rashel - you are totally not alone. It is SO hard to leave them and go to work. You are doing a great job and your kiddos know that you love them!!

BIG hugs!!

Tonya Doman said...

I totally understand how you feel. I really struggled with that too...you feel guilty no matter what you do! Hang in there. You are a great Mom and you can only do what you can do!