Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 15, 2009

23 Months & Almost 4 Weeks

My babies are growing up so fast!!!
Nakiah is 23 months old and will be celebrating her 2nd birthday in only 3 short weeks! Its unbelievable how much she has changed in the last few months, and in the last few weeks especially! She is talking up a storm and repeating everything she hears. She can say pretty much anything you ask her to say, which can be a problem when Boog is around. She catches onto everything extremely quick and remembers EVERYTHING! She is still so independent and strong willed, she definitely has a mind of her own and hasn't really learned the concept of compromise yet. She is very loving and affectionate and tells us every day "aw wud yoooo". She loves for me to snuggle her at night time, or as she says it "mommy, nunnle". While she can be quite shy at times, especially around strangers, she totally loves to show off. She laughs at herself and always wants you to participate in whatever is entertaining her at the moment. She never sits still and has an energy supply to be envious of! She loves to read her books, to color, do puzzles, sing songs and dance. She LOVES to be outside running around, especially at Auda & Auma's house. Her biggest thing right now is to ask a question and reply herself with "think, think, think" something she picked up from one of her favorite shows "Wow, Wow Wubzy". She loves to rough house with her Auda and Boog and always asks for more. Try as they might, they never wear her out! She loves animals but would prefer to look at them from a distance. There hasn't been a day since she entered our lives that she hasn't brought a smile to our faces! She is entertaining to no end and sometimes I think she knows it! She is truly a blessing and absolutely holds my heart! Kicen is quickly closing in on 4 weeks old and I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I feel like the last month is just a great big blur, but such a happy blur! Not that I am opposed to having more children by any means, but Kicen really does complete our family! He is such a great baby and a total joy. He is content and quiet, just taking things in most of the time. He likes to have a full belly and wants his diaper to be clean, but give him those two things and he's good to go. He prefers to be held, of course, but definitely needs his "alone" time to be stretched out and quiet. When he is awake he is constantly looking around absorbing everything he can. He seems to be a pretty serious baby so far and most of the time has a pretty serious, almost quizzical look on his face. I think he will be my thinker. He is very much a slow poke when it comes to eating, he likes to take his time. He usually falls fast asleep in the middle of a meal and will wake up about an hour after eating to eat again....which can make for some pretty long nights. I'm shocked at the amount of milk he consumes already. He is consistently taking 3-4 ounces every 2 hours, which seems like a ton to me. He likes to be wrapped pretty snug when he's sleeping but likes to stretch out when he's awake. He's a pretty "go with the flow" kind of baby, which is good considering his sister is a bit smothering at the moment. He'll probably be the little brother that ends up dressed in his sisters clothes and becomes the guinea pig when she starts experimenting with hair and make up. Kicen will lay in my arms and stare at me like I'm the only person in his world. He has had me wrapped around his finger from the very instant he came into this world. He is my little man and I couldn't be more in love! At Kicen's 3 day check up he weighed in at 7.4, down from his birth weight of 7.12. At his 2 week check up he was up to 8.6 and on Thursday of this week he weighed a whopping 9 pounds even. He is quickly growing out of his newborn clothes and diapers and shows no signs of slowing down. We'll be moving to the 0-3 months clothes in no time.
Nakiah has her 2 year check up coming up soon and while I am NOT excited about the shots, as I think this will be the worst visit yet, I am excited to see how her growth stacks up. She's always been in the 90-95th percentile for height and weight and is often mistaken for a 3 year old. I'm curious to see if those stats still hold true.
I am convinced that these two children are loved more than anyone in this world!! I know all you moms will disagree with me, and I'm glad! I think all children should be loved like that!
That being said - I truly do love my children more than any mother has ever loved a child!!! :-)
Give your baby a kiss and tell them nobody has ever been loved like they are!

1 comments:

Amber, Jonny, and Miss Haylie said...

Your new pics are so adorable!! I love Nakiah "Wimming". So cute!