Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

July 7, 2009

July 4th

Mommy braved the 120 degree weather on Saturday and brought Nakiah to the Sedro-Woolley parade. I remember loving this parade when I was kid and am so thankful that I now get to experience it with my children. Nakiah loved it, to say the least. Every time something new came by, she would get soooo excited, turn around to make sure that Auma and Auda saw what she saw and start stomping her feet in excitement.
The log truck in front of the birthday cake was carved out of wood.....AMAZING! Nakiah was totally infatuated with everything that passed by, she couldn't get enough!! She kept asking for more every time there was a gap between floats. A rare moment of Nakiah sitting still
She was soooo cute. She wanted me to sit on the curb with her, but every time something came by she had to jump up like she needed a better view. I couldn't get her to sit still for very long!
She loved the "bear" she kept calling "mere" to him, asking him to come back
She couldn't take her eyes off of the horses
This is mommy's favorite parade entry. I remember the first year they ever entered the parade. I think they had 3, maybe 4 pieces. Now they have 7 tetris pieces and several Nintendo and Zelda characters.....
They also have the classic game controller, that attached to the game box with a cord!
Now if they could just create an ATARI float..... :-)
We ended the parade by drinking an otter pop....an attempt by one of the floats to add a little something special to the parade. :-)

And then it was off to work for mommy. I didn't get home until after midnight and didn't get to bed until almost 1am. Nakiah thanked me for such a fun day by waking me up at 7am sharp the next morning.

0 comments: