Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 16, 2008

3 Years Later!!

Okay, CRAZY stuff!! ~ Three years ago, while working in Everett, my car was broken in to and a few items were stolen, among those items....my camera. I was pretty upset, to say the least!! If someone wanted the camera that bad, fine, but we had just come home from Corey's graduation ceremonies in California and the pictures were still on the camera. I filed a police report just for the heck of it and figured we'd never see the pictures again.
Today at work, my cell phone rings: "Hello? Is Rashel O'Neil available? This is she. This is Detective Paxton with the Everett Police Department. ~SILENCE~ What police department? The Everett Police Department. I'm calling regarding the camera you reported stolen. ~Confusion~ You reported it stolen a few years ago. Oh my God! Seriously?"
Detective Paxton proceeds to describe the camera to me, including the case it was in and asked what kind of pictures I had on it. He then told me that the memory card had been erased, but if I could pick the camera up today he wouldn't have to put it into the evidence room, which would save him some time and I wouldn't have to go through the process of claiming an item from evidence.
Long story short, sort of, Dad picks the camera up on his way home from work. I get off work and realize not only are the camera, the camera case and my two memory cards sitting on my table...but there are also two cds from the Police Department. Somehow they managed to pull my pictures off of the erased memory card!!!!!!!!! We didn't get all of them back, but we have enough, way more than we ever expected!
-California Culinary Academy Faculty Members-
-Corey Getting His Diploma- -Corey Walking Off Stage in His Official Chef Attire- -ONE of the CCA Graduating Classes of 2005- -Corey is in the Left Center With the White Hat, Coat and Apron- -Me and My Graduate- -Momma Graduate & Sissy Graduate- -Jackie, Corey and Misty- -Jackie & Jerry- -Corey & Misty- -Corey & Jen ~ Carpool Buddies- -Corey & His Proud Papa- -Little Mister Sunshine- -Jackie & Her Kids- -Corey & Jerry in the Red Woods- -The O'Neils & Some BIG Trees-
-Us & the Golden Gate- -SF Skyline- -The Bay- -The View from Sausalito- -A Rare View Without Fog-
-$5.00 a Day- -One Last Look- -Tiburon, aka RICH PEOPLE!- -aka REALLY Rich People- I can't believe the camera was (1) found and (2) returned! I really can't believe the pictures were recovered and I am in shock at the condition the camera and the case are in. Its like the theive(s) took the camera, deleted the pictures and never looked at it again. I had a spare memory card in the case, it still has my pictures on it. I really never expected to see any of it again! Thanks Detective Paxton & the Everett Police Department!
They just made my day!

3 comments:

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

That is VERY cool!! And what a small world. I used to be Paxton's secretary until last month. He is a great guy and I'm so glad he took the time to save your pictures for you. They are good ones!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words!

Tonya Doman said...

Wow, that is incredible. I wonder where your camera has been hiding out for 3 years??