Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

October 11, 2009

Future Olympian

Nakiah and I recently joined a Mom & Me Toddler Gymnastics group.
So far, its a HUGE success!
Nakiah LOVES her gymnastics and asks to go all the time now. I was a little worried at first that she would follow directions or take turns with the other kids
It turned out the the first couple of weeks we were the only "mom & me" on our night, which worked out great. Nakiah was able to get a feel for the routine before having to share everything with the other kids. I think the initial one on one with the "coach" really helped out...not that my child is shy, or reserved by any means!!
We're now going on Thursday evenings with two other mom & me-ers and Nakiah is doing great. She is following directions, listening to her coach and taking turns.
She's even a little cheerleader and praises the other little girls for doing things.
We're both having a blast!
Its a great way to get out some energy....
I'm definitely more worn out by the end of the 45 minutes than she is....
I think she could do gymnastics all night long
We've even had some spectators come watch from the viewing area
Any time someone is there to watch her, Nakiah has to make sure that they saw whatever she just did. "Watch Auma", "Hi Daddy", "I did it Grammy"
She gets a little nervous when she has to walk the balance beam or jump from high places
But she loves to "boing" on the trampolines!
As much as she likes to jump
The foam pit is her absolute favoriteIf we had one of these at home I'd never get her out
I think we have a future gymnast on our hands :-)

0 comments: