Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

April 19, 2010

"Auda dropped my fish"

About a month ago, my dad took Nakiah to my Aunt's house to do some fishing. They have basically a miniature lake right out their back door. Its man made and has a ton of fish in it. They feed the fish regularly and only keep them when they feel like having fish for dinner, so some of them are actually quite large.
Nakiah, dressed in the appropriate "Fishing Buddies" attire, doing it by herself
When Auda got one on, the battle to the shore began Nakiah was really excited Until the fish got too close to shore and started jumping out of the water Once she felt a splash of water touch her, it was a struggle just to get her to stand near Auda. She did not want that fish splashing water on her.
But she was pretty excited to show me her fish
Too bad Auda let it wiggle out of his hands before we got a picture! ;-)
Nakiah grabbed the net the next time Auda had a fish on.
With Nakiah's quick thinking they finally landed a fish.
Nakiah had so much fun all day. I think she could have stayed there forever.
Every time she heard a fish jump she had to make sure I heard and/or saw it too.
When Nakiah is older and actually has an appreciation for fishing, I think these two will be inseparable.
Mommy got in on the action too!
(note: I was the original fishing buddy....once upon a time ~ I have since been replaced, about 2 1/2 years ago to be exact)
The fish were going crazy at feeding time
There were soooo many fish!
Even though a few splashes came pretty close, Nakiah loved feeding the fish!
Kicen even enjoyed watching the action

0 comments: